Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

The first time I had pumpkin cookies was a couple years ago when I was filling in for one of the custodians at night, and someone had a plate of them out in her office with a "help yourself" sign, so I did. They were amazing and I decided I absolutely needed to find out how to make them. I got the recipe from Cooks.com.

I usually double the recipe so as to use up the entire 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips which, as my community group could tell you, makes a lot of cookies.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

butter
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. canned solid pack pumpkin
1 egg, beaten to blend
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (6 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter baking sheets. Cream 1/2 cup butter with sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Blend in pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into medium bowl. Add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop batter by heaping teaspoons onto prepared sheets. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on wire racks. Store in airtight container.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate! I will definitely have to try this recipe :) Hope things are going well for you and the family!

    ReplyDelete